Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Old 10-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone connected the cortex pro to their computer ? I cant get mine to show up in the software.

Bob Neal
Old 10-01-2016, 02:26 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

The Cortex Pro uses new software which will be available in a couple weeks.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:00 AM
bryanb2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple of the new CortexPros that I purchased to be used with my DS-16 system. The first setup I want to use the single serial link between my existing R9 receiver and my CortexPro. I followed the instructions and hooked my servos up 1-6 to the Cortex as it relates to each channel output in my transmitter - as instructed:

1-throttle
2-ailer1
3-ailer2
4-elev1
5-rudder
6-elev2

Next I hook a male-to-male servo lead into port B of the CortexPro and then into one of the Ext port of my R9. I then configure my R9 Ext port for EX Bus. When I power on my system, my CortexPro does not read the signal from my receiver indicated by the single red slow flashing LED - "Waiting for input signal."

Out of the box, as of right now, does the CortexPro recognize the Jeti EX Bus serial connection?
Old 10-07-2016, 03:55 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by bryanb2
I have a couple of the new CortexPros that I purchased to be used with my DS-16 system. The first setup I want to use the single serial link between my existing R9 receiver and my CortexPro. I followed the instructions and hooked my servos up 1-6 to the Cortex as it relates to each channel output in my transmitter - as instructed:

1-throttle
2-ailer1
3-ailer2
4-elev1
5-rudder
6-elev2

Next I hook a male-to-male servo lead into port B of the CortexPro and then into one of the Ext port of my R9. I then configure my R9 Ext port for EX Bus. When I power on my system, my CortexPro does not read the signal from my receiver indicated by the single red slow flashing LED - "Waiting for input signal."

Out of the box, as of right now, does the CortexPro recognize the Jeti EX Bus serial connection?
Power on the system. Then install the jumper in the program port. The LED will flash blue fast and then slow. Now power cycle the system with the jumper in place and complete the programming/teach in sequence.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:39 AM
WimB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question on this unit: Could I use this in my SM Tomcat? radio setup is: Graupner MC32 transmitter, twin GR32 receivers connected via SumD to a Powerbox Champion SRS. Roll and pitch are on elevons, wtih roll enhanced by differential spoilers with wings out. no spoilers when wings swing back.
Will this unit connect between the receivers and powerbox, and will it "auto-teach" all these functions. All mixing is done in transmitter, also using different flight modes.....

Wim
Old 10-07-2016, 07:07 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by WimB
I have a question on this unit: Could I use this in my SM Tomcat? radio setup is: Graupner MC32 transmitter, twin GR32 receivers connected via SumD to a Powerbox Champion SRS. Roll and pitch are on elevons, wtih roll enhanced by differential spoilers with wings out. no spoilers when wings swing back.
Will this unit connect between the receivers and powerbox, and will it "auto-teach" all these functions. All mixing is done in transmitter, also using different flight modes.....

Wim
Cortex Pro will be perfect for this. It will learn all the mixes during the teach in process.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:02 PM
bryanb2

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
Power on the system. Then install the jumper in the program port. The LED will flash blue fast and then slow. Now power cycle the system with the jumper in place and complete the programming/teach in sequence.
This sequence worked great - thanks for that. I now have my CortexPro connected via Jeti EX Bus (serial) to my R9 receiver. I look forward for the Device Explorer integration and the upcoming software.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:11 AM
TurboFan!

Good morning everyone,
I am having a problem in which I can not figure what I may be doing wrong.
I Installed my Cortex Pro via the cable loom to my Futaba R6014HS Rx, no problems .
Teaching the Input signal, no problems.
During the setup however, I am getting all the way to "Elevator neutral Rudder right and hold" , here I get an immediate red light on the cortex pro upon selecting full right rudder. It looks like a short red flash, followed by a longer red flash in a repeating sequence.
I have tried the setup a few times. I as well have removed and plugged in all the connections again, eliminating a loose connection as a problem.
I have run the jet without any Cortex Pro, all connection directly to the Rx, everything works perfect.
So I am not sure where I am going wrong.
I appreciate your experience.

Equipment:

Jet is an Xcalibur Plus
2 AIL servos Rx channels 1 and 2
2 ELV servos Rx channels 3 and 4
2 RUD servos Rx channels 5 and 6
Cortex Pro AUX input channel 7

Tx Futaba 18SZ
Rx Futaba R6014HS
Rx Batt two LiFe Hobbico packs.
All Futaba digital servos

Thanks again
Old 10-09-2016, 09:15 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by TurboFan!
Good morning everyone,
I am having a problem in which I can not figure what I may be doing wrong.
I Installed my Cortex Pro via the cable loom to my Futaba R6014HS Rx, no problems .
Teaching the Input signal, no problems.
During the setup however, I am getting all the way to "Elevator neutral Rudder right and hold" , here I get an immediate red light on the cortex pro upon selecting full right rudder. It looks like a short red flash, followed by a longer red flash in a repeating sequence.
I have tried the setup a few times. I as well have removed and plugged in all the connections again, eliminating a loose connection as a problem.
I have run the jet without any Cortex Pro, all connection directly to the Rx, everything works perfect.
So I am not sure where I am going wrong.
I appreciate your experience.

Equipment:

Jet is an Xcalibur Plus
2 AIL servos Rx channels 1 and 2
2 ELV servos Rx channels 3 and 4
2 RUD servos Rx channels 5 and 6
Cortex Pro AUX input channel 7

Tx Futaba 18SZ
Rx Futaba R6014HS
Rx Batt two LiFe Hobbico packs.
All Futaba digital servos

Thanks again
Please check your servo travel settings. The Pro needs to see a bit more than the original Cortex. If you have low travel settings plus a fair bit of sub trim the Cortex Pro will not pick up the input. Please call if you have questions. 407-687-3126.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:59 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Still dont have an answer if this works with jr dmss
Old 10-09-2016, 12:56 PM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by tp777fo
Still dont have an answer if this works with jr dmss
Yes, it will work.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:23 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

I did an install last week. 28x and Xbus, very simple.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:23 AM
tp777fo

I use DMSS Xport duo with 2 receivers. A regular Cortex will not work with this setup. Anyone using 2 receivers and DMSS?
Old 10-10-2016, 06:36 AM
Bob_B

Tom that is exactly the setup I did this past week. Two rxs using Xbus into the the Cortex Pro feeding the Xbus hub.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:45 AM
tp777fo

Sweet! Thanks
Old 10-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Bob_B

FYI you will need, two Male to male cables, as they are not supplied with the Cortex Pro. It does come with the standard wire harness.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:34 PM
TurboFan!

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
Please check your servo travel settings. The Pro needs to see a bit more than the original Cortex. If you have low travel settings plus a fair bit of sub trim the Cortex Pro will not pick up the input. Please call if you have questions. 407-687-3126.
The Cortex Pro is working perfectly!

Thank you Danny
Old 10-22-2016, 05:35 PM
tp777fo

Bob. Got one but no luck getting it to work. Got it installed but gear retracts when radio turned on. Got it to do the bump and controls work but cant adjust gain. Could you send me the values you used on your transmitter?
Old 10-22-2016, 05:51 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Any word on the new firmware and software?

A month ago it was promised in 3-4 weeks. It is now that time.........

Missing my Jeti telemetry with the Pro installed in my Ultra Flash.

Paul
Old 10-27-2016, 02:52 AM
captainjacobs

Impatient to get the update also, as this gyro doesn't work in the Jeti environment as I expected when I bought it.
However, I tried it in an aerobatic plane and appreciated positively the feeling in flight.
Arnaud
Old 10-27-2016, 04:40 AM
F1 Rocket

Apologizes for the delay. I have a few airplanes waiting that need a mounting orientation change. The latest update we have from the factory is the software should be released within the next couple weeks.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:37 AM
tp777fo

Success! With the help of Bob B and Danny I finally got the Cortex Pro to work with dual receiver JR DMSS setup. I am running 2 receivers into a JR X-Port duo. This device allows dual receivers and dual power inputs while converting Xbus to PWM for a full 14 channels. My transmitter is an XG14.

The problem is created when you set the transmitter up with the gyro sensor page. Dont do it! Instead set the first free channel up at +/- 150% travel both directions and assign a switch to it. Plug in the Cortex Pro and set up per the manual. When you get through with the rudder (the last set of bumps) let it bump again and then move your dedicated switch to turn the gyro on/off. I set my switch in neutral and when it bumped I moved the switch up..bump... then down. Worked great. I can now set the gyro gain by adjusting the travel throw for the channel the gyro sees. I reduced the travel down to 30%.

I use a three position switch and it allows off, gain 1 and gain 2. One other small problem I had to solve was the elevator was set to 50% throw. The Cortex couldnt see the input for the setup. I had to move the travel volume up to 100%, program the Cortex and then readjust the travel volume back to my 50% setting. I also reduced the expo from 40% to 15% with the gyro on rate and kept the 40% setting with the gyro off. If I need to turn off the gyro for some reason I have the airplane back to where it has always been control wise.

Hope to get to the field to try it out tomorrow. Thanks again guys! Guys helping everyone out like this makes RCU a great place!

Last edited by tp777fo; 10-29-2016 at 05:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:18 AM
tp777fo

Well, not so fast. Even though the Cortex bound and worked properly the landing gear now cycles when the airplane is turned on. With the Gyro taken out of the system they work correctly. Hook up the gyro and boom! gear retraction. Today I am going to install the jet as another model on the transmitter and do the initial set up with only the flight controls and gyro channel connected. If I can get it to bind and work the controls correctly I will than start adding the gear, flaps, throttle etc and see it solves the problem.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:17 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo
Well, not so fast. Even though the Cortex bound and worked properly the landing gear now cycles when the airplane is turned on. With the Gyro taken out of the system they work correctly. Hook up the gyro and boom! gear retraction. Today I am going to install the jet as another model on the transmitter and do the initial set up with only the flight controls and gyro channel connected. If I can get it to bind and work the controls correctly I will than start adding the gear, flaps, throttle etc and see it solves the problem.
Sounds to me like a "failsafe" issue... maybe you set failsafe with gears down and retest..
Old 11-01-2016, 04:37 AM
tp777fo

That was the first thing i tried. Remove gyro and gear stays put on power up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.