Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

New question about the XK a800

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New question about the XK a800

Old 07-13-2019, 10:22 AM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New question about the XK a800

I am a novice in skill level so I have to take my turns very gradually if I can keep it in the air at all so I need a lot of space for flying. I would like to get people's opinion about whether the a800 flying this way would need more room than about two and a half soccer fields in width. That's about the largest field available around here
Old 07-16-2019, 05:52 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It'll be underpowered and too light for most wind conditions. A good pilot could probably fly it in a smaller location, but if you get up high and find an unexpected wind current you may have a hard time keeping control of it. You'd be a lot better off with a bigger plane that has aileron control. An instructor is helpful too, as figuring it out for yourself usually results in learning some bad habits and staying a novice pilot for a long time.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:41 AM
obrien135

Default Thank you for your input

I think it is clear that although the price of the AAA 800 airplane is tempting it would be a poor investment on my income because I would probably destroy it in short order or lose it somehow in a tree or over a hill that seems to move it always happens that's what's happening with the sport Cub s as in the t20 Trojans and this one looks even harder so I have to weigh carefully every investment in this looks like it would be a bad so I think I should pursue other avenues thank you very much for your advice
Old 07-16-2019, 11:23 AM
jester_s1

So why not address the actual problem, which is your flying skills? I'm fairly sure I told you this a while back, and it looks like you've learned on your own the hard way- building flying skills requires instruction and quality practice. Taking a plane up that you don't know how to fly usually results in crashes. Seeking easier planes to fly usually results in more money spent and more crashes.
For what you've already spent, you could have had a good trainer plane and a club membership. So by this point, you'd have some flying skills. Go to www.modelaircraft.org and find a group nearby. Alternately, there may be a Facebook group of RC pilots near you that you could get some help from. This is a wonderfully rewarding hobby, but an exercise in frustration for those who try to do it all alone.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:34 PM
obrien135

Default Thank you

Yes thank you for the information. If i do join a club I will go to the website thank you.my wife and I will take this into careful consideration
Old 07-17-2019, 06:57 PM
jester_s1

You may very well find some help on a Facebook group. I live in Fort Worth, and there are at least 10 different groups with at least 100 members each. Some have several thousand members. Most are car guys, but I'm pretty sure a guy who asks for flying help would get it.