Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Super Tigre V60 Parts Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 06:06 PM
telstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tigre V60 Parts Help!

Hi all,

I have had this old Super Tigre V60 for years (last run was in 1987!) and would like to go through it. It's gonna need a carb, probably a ring, and I might as well replace the bearings a well. Any pointers on where I can find parts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jan 18, 8 56 26 PM.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	2251526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jan 18, 8 56 39 PM.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	2251527  
Old 01-18-2018, 08:24 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

here you go, if you are going to find some thing you will find it here in my link,, but you will be much better off to call them

http://www.mecoa.com/

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 01-18-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:15 AM
telstar

Originally Posted by the Wasp
here you go, if you are going to find some thing you will find it here in my link,, but you will be much better off to call them

Model Engine Company Of America - MECOA HP RJL model airplane engine, engines for airplanes boats and cars

Jim
Thanks for the info, Jim!
Old 01-19-2018, 07:47 AM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Since when does MECOA handle Super Tigre parts?

Generally you find lost of those obsolete parts on ebay.

There is also a guy in Montréal who has all sorts of Super Tigre and OS parts, especially obscure stuff. You'll find him sometimes on ebay and on RC Canada forums under the name Cosmos.

If you take out the old bearings, you will find that they can most likely be matched at a good bearing supplier using the numbesr on the cases. Other people use Boca Bearings. Do not know a current link although someone on these forums will.

"O" rings of all sorts are usually available from automotive parts suppliers.

There was once a supplier of all sorts of model engine rings. Bowman was the name. Now apparently run by someone else.

Keep looking. What you need will eventually turn up.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:13 PM
the Wasp

I thought MECOA bought out Super Tiger, guess not, just wait around a while, it would be smart of them

Jim
Old 01-20-2018, 09:07 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ST is still under distribution through hobbico, but the OPs engine is so long out of production, they will be worthless in helping find parts.

Get a ring from Bjorn Baal.
Get bearings from AVID RC or RCBearings. Measure the old original ones to ensure the correct bearings are ordered. I posted some info on the other forum regarding bearing sizes and such.

Done deal.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:28 PM
telstar

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
ST is still under distribution through hobbico, but the OPs engine is so long out of production, they will be worthless in helping find parts.

Get a ring from Bjorn Baal.
Get bearings from AVID RC or RCBearings. Measure the old original ones to ensure the correct bearings are ordered. I posted some info on the other forum regarding bearing sizes and such.

Done deal.
Thank you, and to all, who have chimed in here. It has been very helpful. I was unaware of AVID or RCBearings so will look into that as well...

Sean
Old 01-20-2018, 01:42 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I’ve used bearings from Avid, Boca, and RCBearings. All three provide reasonable products, but in order of best price, Avid is cheapest, RCBearings second and Boca third. Coupon code RCU at RCBearings gives RCU members 7% off. The “economy” sets from each company I mentioned have all performed equally. I usually buy from Avid due to cost and quantity I often order bearings in. A high end engine should get high end bearings which you won’t find at the above mentioned vendors. For high end bearings, try TKO bearings or if you can find the Swiss made WIB bearings.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 01-20-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:02 PM
the Wasp

sometimes you have to be careful when buying bearings, I bought some bearings from xxxx a few years ago, the photo of the bearing on their site was a quality bearing, so I ordered 4, yet the bearings I received were cheap C-clip type bearings, meaning they used a C-clip to hold them together. the company said they would replace them.. but my feeling was/is if no one complains then they would just keep on doing the same

Jim