Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Saito Gas Engine Price Jumps

Old 01-18-2018, 07:17 PM
vogelm1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Saito Gas Engine Price Jumps

Anybody know what's up with the Saito gas engine price jumps over the past few weeks? As an example, the Saito FG-21 had been $434.99 through Horizon Hobby...not more than a few weeks ago it jumped up to $449.99, now I checked HH this evening and it's $504.99!!

Was going to order another FG-21 tonight and saw that price; just can't do it. Sorry Saito...
Old 01-18-2018, 09:00 PM
the Wasp

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I just check it out for you (I was wondering if they raised the prices on the 100/125 glows too),, see my link, the 21's Carburetor is unavailable, they must have changed the Carb,

https://www.horizonhobby.com/carbure...--bn-saig20821

that's a big jump in price just for a Carb, I wonder if they are going to pull it off their line up so they just raised the price ?? you never know

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 01-18-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:14 AM
vogelm1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well as of today the prices went back down to "normal" for all the gas engines in Saito line-up. Horizon has the FG-21 for $449.99 again. It may have been a pricing error which I'm thankful for - I'm back in the game for considering one again

Jim, I did check out your link and it's interesting that the carb for this engine is "discontinued". Hopefully the new one I purchase has the latest carb, if that is what's going on here.