Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

HS,

Hey, sounds good! Just be careful and don't make the same mistake I did....don't overtighten the bell mixer screws!

I did that once, and the heli was all over the place, had a hell of a time figuring it out!

Make sure that the bell mixer arms are free, by making sure that the flybar is nice and "floppy" from side to side when you try to move it, and it's not stiff in any way...the flybar and paddles should flop freely up and down. If they don't, find out why...otherwise the heli will be completely out of control!!

It took me a while to figure that one out when I did it!

Good luck with it!

Glenn
Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

thanks for telling me that, I just noticed that, they seem alittle stiff, should I loosen the screws alittle?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 AM
HeliStyle

can someone take a picture of the way there beller mixer is attached I think I might have put them on wrong, I know on one side of the bell mixer arm there is a grove on the top and on the other side its back where the screw screws in
Old 07-02-2008, 03:33 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

Yeah, loosen the screws a little bit, until the arms and flybar are free to move..

I have some excellent pics of the CPP rotor head, but they are on my PC at home...if you can wait a little while, I'll post them tonight for ya...

Glenn
Old 07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

Here are some pics of the CPP rotor head...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48431.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	982847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33548.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	982848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82647.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	982849  
Old 07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
HeliStyle

thank you very much, I have them on right, just wanted to make sure, I got some blades tonight for the cp pro, got a heatsink for my cx2, and some more extra blades for the cx2 as well, couldnt fly today, very bad weather out, you do any flying?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

I just got back from flying...and it was a great session for me!

I actually applied all the things that I was practicing on the sim for the past 2 days, and it really paid off...I did some stuff that seemed impossible before, like a smooth, small left circle. Not really a pirouette, but making a circle about 5 feet in diameter, while keeping the heli level... and some left turns to my left, which give me a hard time, and even a little tiny bit of backwards flying, and spent lots of time with nose in hovering.

My motor didn't come in yet, but I flew with the old one anyways. I hope the motor comes tomorrow, because I don't want to have to "rob" my spare B400 for a motor for the weekend if I don't have to.

I got my stuff from Helihobby today, very cool neck strap and swivel for the neckstrap.

Best thing is I did new stuff, and didn't crash in the process!

Sounds like you have everything lined up for some flying soon!

Good luck, hope you have some better weather!

Glenn
Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 PM
HeliStyle

thats sweet that the sims paying off for you, going to be doing so 3d stuff soon huh lol, I wish I could some of that stuff they do is crazy, yeah im hoping the weather is good this weekend so I can get some flying time in
Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounds like you had a good flying day. I got 3 packs in again. It was really windy, but the T-Rex didn't mind it at all. And the storms finally came a few hours ago. So I won't be able to fly for awhile.

Did you get to fly with the neck strap yet?

Nick
Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I posted to you over in the "stock Eflite servo question" thread....

Glenn
Old 07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

Yeah, right! I am not EVEN close to any 3D yet....LOL

I'll be glad when I can do figure 8's in both directions... for now, that's my next goal...

But the sim time definately paid off, that's for sure!

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate with you this weekend, mine is supposed to be typical Wash. DC summer weather, hot, with T-storms in the afternoon/evening...sometimes right after a big storm, the wind is completely calm...maybe I'll get lucky!

Good luck with both of the helis, now that they are fully prepared for flight!

Glenn
Old 07-03-2008, 03:08 PM
HeliStyle

well my cp pro is back up, was trying to dial it in, doing this in the kitchen, checked pitch and tracking everything seems smooth, but cant seem to adjust the right trims to well, I finally relized how touchy this heli is now, spool up is smooth, hopefully I can get this stuff figured out with the cp pro, im kinda thinking about just selling it and getting a belt driven bird so the tail is more locked then this tail motor heli, we shall see
Old 07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
evdreamer

Hope you can get the CPP up in the air soon. I have an extra belt driven 450 helicopter almost ready to sell. Just kidding.

Nick
Old 07-03-2008, 03:33 PM
HeliStyle

lol thats not funny, I have been thinking about it today when I was messing around with it, the heli and tail is so unstable, any everyone rants about how belt driven is so much more stable, I cant get the heli locked into settings
Old 07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

LOL, time for a B400!

I got to where you are, and everyone said get a belt driven tail heli. So I did. Now I am happy..lol !!

Yep, a belt driven tail will be very much more locked, and a bigger heli will be inherently more stable as well...

Sell everything, and get a B400!! LOL

Nah, seriously,let us know if there is anything we can do to help with the CPP...

Good luck,

Glenn
Old 07-03-2008, 04:01 PM
HeliStyle

im not sure really, im going to go try and hover with it in a bit see what happens, how much you think I would get for a cp pro with 2 lipos and a charger, and the radio
Old 07-03-2008, 04:08 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

Yeah, don't give up just yet....it's not going to be easy, but I figured the CX2 would probably spoil ya a little bit at first!

I don't know on the pricing, but considering you can get a new one for $150 or so, probably not too much for the CPP. You might check eBay and see what they are going for?

Hope you have better luck when you take it back out. If the tail is all over the place, it might be tail motor time.

See how it goes, and get back to us...I think you might just need some practice for a while to get back in the groove, so to speak...

Glenn
Old 07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
evdreamer

If you ever want an E-Sky Belt CP ARF just PM me. I am going to sell it in a few months. I am just waiting for some bearings and blades. Depending on how much you can spend and you have a DX7 I can put 3 JR DS285's on the cyclic, a Futaba 9650 on the tail, GY240 gyro, and an AR6200 receiver. Then I could set it up for you and give you the settings.

Nick
Old 07-03-2008, 04:20 PM
HeliStyle

how much would u be looking for it, I was looking at either a honeybee king 2 or belt cp
Old 07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
HeliStyle

I wish I could at least try a belt cp out see if I like it, before I get rid of the cp pro, im not going to sell it yet, I wanna see how tonight is and such
Old 07-03-2008, 04:35 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

Yeah, don't give up yet. Just keep in mind that the CX2 is one of the easiest RC helis to fly, and the CP Pro is one of the most difficult!!

The belt CP, and B400 would fall somewhere in between in difficulty to fly.

Make no mistake, the B400/Belt CP aren't as easy to fly as the CX2 by any means! But with the tail behaving like it should on the bigger helis, it sure makes is easier to focus on the cyclic (right stick) controls...

Let us know how you make out.

Glenn
Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 PM
HeliStyle

tryed hovering around, but when I installed the new tail motor like 3 weeks ago, the solder came undo and it spun out of control, so I have to solder it
Old 07-03-2008, 08:59 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

Did you get any time hovering before it started spinning?

I flew my CPP tonight, it flew pretty well, the tail was whacky, as usual, but I have gotten pretty used to it. It doesn't have enough lift, I have it "calmed down" so much, that it is a little underpowered. But it flew pretty well overall. I still want to try the new DD tail when the CPP2 comes out.

I flew the Quark too, it was a bit windy, and was messing with both the CPP and the Quark, they are both pretty light, and don't handle wind too well. I didn't get my B400 motor yet, so I am faced with a decision tomorrow. To snag the motor out of the spare, just don't fly it, or take a chance and fly it with the bad motor. I guess it all will depend on the weather, if it's nice and calm, I'll probably fly it anyways. Maybe it will show up on Saturday.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get much flying in, that solder job should be easy. Hopefully, you can get it back in the air again this weekend.

Take care,

Glenn
Old 07-03-2008, 09:08 PM
HeliStyle

you think if I put another set of flybar weights on it, it would help make it more stable , there would be a total of 8 weights on it if I did that
Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
rotarydoc

HS,

Well, putting more weights on will slow the cyclic (right stick) response. That will make it less "twitchy" in flight, but I have never tried it. But it won't help with the tail control at all.

The way I got mine to really tame down (you're not going to want to hear this...) is by slowing the rotor head speed. I did it by buying the DX6i before I got a B400 ( I have two of them now). With the DX6i, or DX7, you can adjust throttle and pitch curves to slow the rotor head speed. The only way to do it otherwise is to get a smaller pinion for the motor. I have not tried this method, and am not sure about what pinions are available. The slower the rotor head speed, the slower the cyclic response. I learned this by observing that the CPP became much easier to control near the end of the battery pack, when it was low on power (lower head speed). The stock FM radio does not have the adjustments to do this.

I hope you can get it calmed down, so to speak. When I first flew my new CPP, I tried to fly it right out of the box. Man, what a handful it is that way!! They have the heli all setup for 3D flight right out of the box, and the rotor head speed is sky-high compared to what I use. This is great for 3D, but no so much for a steady, stable hover.

Which rotor blades are you using now? Still the HD1141's?

Let me know how you make out...

Glenn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.